Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chapped thighs and a hot sweaty mess...

Sundays used to mean sleeping in then building a fire and making a ridiculous breakfast while reading the paper. Sundays used to be lazy. That was another time.

This morning I treated myself and did sleep til 8am. Then on when the tight pants, layers and sneakers and out the door for a 3 mile power walk. Did I mention it was 20 degrees? My face is now chapped and surprise so are my thighs. Because all I do is sleep, sweat, shower, work, sweat, shower and sleep my skin is a scaly nasty mess which will retain no moisture. I can't get enough water because I always feel dry. Oddly enough I feel the most dry when I am drenched in sweat.

This afternoon marked my last workout of the week. 45 minutes on the elliptical. I want to thank my friend A.P. for the detergent recommendation as it is a necessity to get the stench out. I am now isolating my workout clothes from the everyday clothes (though the two are now one and the same). It reminds me of college when we would go to the only bar in town (The Salt Mine) and then keep those clothes seperate from all our other clothes because of the well...aroma.

So I exist in a world of sweaty shirts, pants and socks. My hair is a wreck and my face and thighs are chapped...and I've never felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment