Saturday, January 26, 2013

If you aren't sweating what's the point?

I used to be one of those people who would go to the gym and flip through a magazine while sitting on a stationary bike. Or who would jump on an elliptical and feel like I was doing something if I went 20 minutes then when it started to get hard would quit. Now, I love the feel of sweat pouring down my face and back. Really you haven't lived til you've snorted sweat up your nose while in downward dog or felt it flowing into your ear canal past your headphones. I have to admit for a moment I thought perhaps I might get a shock from them. If my legs aren't burning or my butt or I don't have sweat drenching every part of me, I feel like I'm not working.

I think about this as I watch a woman walk around the track with her blue tooth in chatting with a friend and barely putting one foot in front of the other...or the other woman who is walking slowly around the track reading a book. All I can think is 'You are gonna hurt someone!' Then I decide no judging but I do wonder, do they feel as good after going to the gym as I do? No my body doesn't feel awesome, my body is screaming to take a hot shower and pass out. But that exhaustion mixed with the sweat is my new favorite feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment