Thursday, January 17, 2013

Making a fool of yourself is easier with two...

After last night's tough class, I couldn't stand it when my alarm went off at 4:45. But no excuse when you are meeting someone. I met another girl from my bootcamp for take home workout #4. Why were we meeting? Because this one requires people to do stupid looking moves across gym floors. Why so early? Because you are not going to be in view of as many people. So there we were at 5:30 am doing the modified skipping, galluping, speed walking, butt kickers, high knees and lunge steps across the gym floor all followed by a mile on the elliptical. Then...we did it all again. Drenched in sweat after round two it was time for the dreaded 30 second planking followed by pushups and repeat 4 times. Ow ow ow ow. But I have to say with someone by your side the time goes much faster. And yes people stared down at us from the track overlooking the gym.

Then tonight, around 4:10 I started watching the clock. I couldn't wait to get out of the office and get in the pool. Finally after waiting patiently for the old people water aerobics to end I got my lane and got moving. Swimming is my favorite because while it's hard work it is so relaxing for my body. But I have to admit, I had more fun with a buddy this morning doing the painful take home workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment