Thursday, January 10, 2013

Affirmations are everywhere...

It's raining outside and unseasonably warm. It is foggy and misty and romantic. It's the kind of night you want some tea and a blanket and to watch An Affair to Remember on the couch.
It is in fact NOT the kind of night you want to drag your ass to the gym. So I compromised, gym yes but this time...I swam laps. About 12 minutes in I was cursing myself again and kept looking to the dark windows thinking how great Thursday night television can be. Then I turned to my right. And there, wading into the pool...a fellow bootcamper. She came with her kids to the pool in a quest to swim more efficient laps. We chatted and laughed over our mutual pain.

I could say that this was the affirmation, but no...it came when she turned to me and said, 'After Monday's class, I threw up.' HALLELUJAH! I admitted to my issues as well and felt much better and less weak than I did about that whole situation.

And so I sit here, the smell of chlorine on me, debating the purpose of showering when I have to be up and out the door to sweat again at 5am. And I'm proud. Any other rainy night I would have cuddled up with a nice drink (probably some food), and a blanket and watched t.v. And because of all those nights of laying on the couch, tonight I had to spend it in the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment