Friday, January 11, 2013

Two a days...

Today was my last bootcamp meeting of my first week. It was my first day of putting two workouts in one day. When I was in college, the football team was the majority of the men enrolled at our tiny school or so it seemed. This was especially true in the fall when students were returning. Gessner Hall, the men's dorm, was the smelliest place on earth during football two-a-days. Sometimes they were forced to do three a days. I couldn't understand how those boys could walk into the cafeteria and be so disgusting. I had no appreciation for the amount of work they did, until today.

This morning I stepped out the door at 5:05 and went to bootcamp where I was introduced to the 'joys' of circuit workouts. Remember the muscle shaking I mentioned previously? Yup it happened again. I admit at points I had to stop and not only physically will myself to continue but mentally push past the 'I can'ts' and 'It's too hard' that was running through my mind. And then, it was over. My first week. My first three 'bootcamp' days. Since today is a travel day for me for work I could have come straight home for a leisurely morning of packing and prepping. Instead, I went to the gym. And got my butt back into the pool. I even did it without the swim skirt covering my a$$ (a small self esteem feat). 30 minutes of lap swimming and I was done.

I came home and sat down and immediately remembered how those guys looked during two and three a day practices. And finally, I kind of understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment